NASCAR begins the first of its annual three-race west coast swing today with the Pennzoil 400 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. Can Daytona 500 winner Denny Hamlin make it back-to-back wins?Today’s Las Vegas Cup race: Start time, lineup and more — NASCAR Talk | NBC Sports
Post Race Storylines:
- It’s setting up for a Kevin Harvick-type race: Kevin Harvick will race for the cycle in Las Vegas.
- Slow start to 2020 continues for defending Champion Kyle Busch: Kyle Busch is typically feast or famine at Las Vegas. He will finish in 10th but make little progress.
- William Byron will make a statement: Byron’s in his home state. It’s his time to shone and he’ll finish inside the Top-5.
- O/U Lead Changes: 6
- Martin Truex Jr. will have a better finish than Denny Hamlin.
- Chase Elliott will finish higher than William Byron.
- Cole Custer will be the highest finishing Rookie.
- Chris Buescher will finish higher than Ricky Stenhouse Jr.
- O/U Cautions: 4 (not including Stage breaks)
- Will a stage winner win the race? Yes
- Will the winner lead the most laps? If so, who and how many laps? Yes, Kevin Harvick will lead 156 laps.
- Who will finish higher Kurt Busch or Kyle Busch? Kurt Busch
- Will an HMS Driver lead a lap? If so who and how many laps? Chase Elliott will lead 20 laps in the final stage.
Presumptive Superlative Award Winners:
- Xfinity P1 Pole Award: Kyle Busch (Locked in)
- Pennzoil Pace Award: Kevin Harvick
- HB Hard Charger Erik Jones (st. 16)
- Royal Purple Rookie Of The Race: Cole Custer
- Tums Tough Break: Clint Bowyer.
Presumptive Force Factor: 5.5/10